Thursday, September 18, 2008

No More Baby in Our House!






Drew has really made some major changes lately. Physically, he no longer has a baby body. He is getting taller and taller every day. He's also using a lot more words, and although I don't understand everything he says, he sure is trying! He knows what he likes and dislikes and he is vocal about it! He loves to brush his teeth, help feed the dogs, unload the dishwasher (with help, of course), get the mail, tell the dogs to be quiet, take a bath, and play with any kind of car or truck. We recently set up a "choo choo" on his train table ans he loves it! We also made the big switch from highchair to "big boy" chair. He loves it already. He really is growing up so fast! In just a few short weeks, he'll be two! Here's some pictures of him from the last week. I should mention that he fell last week on his head. He went head-first over the side of the chair and fell into his truck. Since there was a lot of blood, we thought he was going to need stitches. But, after cleaning it up and having our nurse friend, Jenn, look at it, we decided he didn't need them. I've never heard him cry like he did and it just tore me apart. It makes me sad to think that his perfect little face will now carry that moment forever. I had a hard time with that at first, but then I realized that there will probably many more in the future, especially with a son as active as Drew. I guess the first one is always the hardest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Rachel! He is a big boy, where did your baby go?
Boooo hoooo.
I am kind of sad. . . . . :( But I'll be happier once I see him again.
Hint. hint.
Let's talk dates in Oct. . . . find some and let me know.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE PHOTOS! we can't believe how big drew has gotten...and so cute. what a little man. we love you guys and can't wait to see you in december and introduce the cousins to each other! amy&david