Saturday, October 29, 2005

13 Days and Counting...

Well, we are now less than two weeks away from our big closing day! However, it seems like it's taking years. I had originally misplaced the memory card for our digital camera, so I couldn't download any pictures we had taken, but I found it today!

Here's our house! The couple in front are the people we are buying the house from. Their names are Frank and Claire. The house has been in Claire's family for many years. Her mother and father lived there for years; I think since they arrived in Chicago from Sweden. She grew up in the house as a child, so I think it makes it especially difficult to sell. Our dear family friend, Ann S. was actually the brain-power behind the sale! She and Claire were childhood friends and she set the whole thing up for us. So, thank you, Ann! Here are a few more pictures of the inside of our house. We have quite a bit of work to do...
Here is our fenced in backyard where Samson can now run endless laps. Even though it's not big, it's ours!


Here's our kitchen! It's straight out of the 50s, but it has a working dishwasher!











This is a picture of our dining room facing northwest. There is a bedroom off the dining room and the other door to the left is the living room, which is pretty small.



To the right is our bedroom, off the dining room. It's a wierd shape--we're trying to figure out if it was originally two rooms combined into one...we're bummed they ripped out the original molding. We'd like to replace it eventually. Remember--this is not our decorating!

The last picture of the night is of our "family" room. It's basically the back porch. But, it has "wood" floors... and walls! I'm hoping that the original brick is still under there somewhere....an exposed brick wall might look kind of cool. Sorry about the position of the picture. I don't know how to change it yet.


Hope you enjoyed a semi tour of our house! Next time I'll include the upstairs, the bathrooms, and the basement!

No comments: