




My good friends Heidi and Guido got married last weekend in Michigan. Before Drew arrived, I was convinced that we would be able to go. However, reality set in and taking a week-old baby to Michigan for a semi-outdoor wedding was not going going to happen. I was so disappointed! Heidi, Kate and I spent two different summers traveling around Europe for a month each time. The last time we went, we went to Barga, Italy, where Guido and his family are from. Barga is a little mountain town not far from Florence. We stayed there with Mr. Nardini for a week. What a week it was! We were able to get to know Guido's cousins, Chiara and Ricarado and Guido's friends from childhood. They were so wonderful to us--they were so good to us. They showed us around, took us to the best wine and cheese bar, and supplied lots of laughs. Well, they were here for the wedding and since we weren't able to go, Grant and I stopped by with Drew to see them. It was a pretty funny experience! Lots of Italians + lots of talking + lots of kisses! When we first got there, there was a swarm of people aroud the baby. The pictures don't do it justice--I wish I would have had my video camera. Ciao! Here is a link to a website on Barga if you're interested. http://www.barganews.com/information/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment