Drew has not been the best sleeper. I hear all these stories about how some babies sleep so well from the minute they're born. Well, not with Drew. In the past it has been quite challenging to get him to sleep. We just about tried everything, from sleeping in our arms (never again), to sleeping in the bouncy seat, to sleeping in the swing. After talking with experienced moms, I learned a thing or two about babies and sleeping. Life, especially bedtime, has become much more enjoyable for us all. One thing that I LOVE, is called a Kiddopotomus. It's a special little blanket type thing that swaddles the baby. It uses velcro to keep the baby from moving. Believe me, we tried swaddling with blankets from the start, but due to our child's incredible strength and determination, he would break out of every swaddle we tried. Since he flails his arms relentlessly, he would constantly startle and wake himself up and then, of course, cry. However, this product does not come undone, and therefore, I am able to get some sleep. Amen! However, the poor little guy does look like he's in a straight jacket...


No comments:
Post a Comment