Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bedtime at the Bramleys


Bedtime at the Bramleys is a battle every night. For some reason, Drew does not like, or should I say hates, going to bed at night. We have tried everything, from swaddling to singing to rocking, but nothing seems to work. One suggestion I have read about is establishing a "bedtime routine." So, tonight we broke out the routine. First, feed. Then, bath. Then, lotion. Next, dress. Finally, story. Of course, it backfired. Drew proceeded to scream, and I mean scream, for 30 minutes. Nothing will stop this child but the boob! And sometimes the swing. So, after calming him down, in the swing he went and he was asleep within seconds. I don't want to rely on "crutches" but sometimes I take the stand of "whatever works."




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUCH a cute kid!
As the mother of two boys, now grown, my suggestion is to reverse the going-to-bed process...how about bathing FIRST and then feeding? Drew might be getting too stimulated with the bathing routine...the splashing and the rub down may seem more like play to him. Maybe he just needs the soothing, quiet time of nursing...the warm milk right before bed.