Friday, March 23, 2007

One Week and Counting (for sure)...

until Spring Break, that is. Having been back at school now for 7 weeks, I am realizing how much work it is to be a wife, mother, housecleaner, cook, errand-runner, dog-walker, grocery-shopper, let alone friend, church-goer, sister and daughter. I find myself pulled in so many directions, and at times, I don't think I can do it all. But then I have to remind myself that I am truly blessed. Between all the stressful situations in our lives lately, (and we've had our fair share) Grant and I are so blessed to have each other, our families and friends, and especially Drew, who is a happy, healthy almost 5 month old, whom we love with all our heart and soul!
Teaching has been another challenge for me this year. I have quite a difficult class, where there are lots of high needs children. With only about an hour to and hour and a half of help from another teacher each day, I am finding myself not being able to meet all my students' needs. I teach 4th grade, and just to give you an example, today one of my students asked me, "How many more years until the end of the school year?" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thankfully, in just over a week, we will be on vacation with my parents, visiting David and Amy in sunny (hopefully) California! I hope I can make it...
Pray for me and my patience!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time on break and can relax and enjoy your family! Drew is adorable, can't wait til he and Alistair can play together. :-)

Abbey

Anonymous said...

oh the many students in your class that could have asked that question.... :-)
-Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel,
I just found out about your blog, it was great to see what you have been up to. Drew is adorable, congratulations!
I appreciate your openess about the pull between teaching and motherhood. I am in my fifth year of teaching (four years in third grade now in second) and it does demand so much time. Eric and I are also expecting our first baby at the end of May and I am struggling as I think about going back next year as a "working mom". I often wonder if I will be able to do it all. I appreciate your post with your perspective that it is OK if I don't. Hang in there, enjoy your break and the time with your guys!

~Sarah

The Bramleys said...

Sarah--
Good to hear from you! Here's my e-mail address...drop me a line so we can chat! rachelnyquist@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

The many wonders of motherhood. But at the end of the day, when the little guy is snuggled in his bed and you bend down to kiss him goodnight, you realize it's all worth it. It doesnt get better, only more enjoyable especially when he start playing sports. He is toooo cute. I hope my hometown (California) was sunny for you.

Viveca Walker
Supplemental Health Care- C&C Dept